PERSONAL INJURY BLOG
If you have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, an experienced Broward County personal injury lawyer can help protect your rights. Here are some Frequently Asked Questions about Florida Personal Injury lawsuits:
Do I have a case?
Many elements will influence the nature of your lawsuit. Experienced Delray Beach attorney, Shane M. Fansworth will investigate the circumstances of your case, including:
- Who is at fault? Determining liability in the accident will ensure that an individual, group or company can be held legally responsible for your injuries, damages, and losses.
- What is the nature and extent of the damages? Even if you are injured by someone else’s negligence, it is important to look at the extent of his or her actions to determine whether the damages you seek outweigh the cost of your lawsuit.
- What is the statute of limitations? With any claim, it is important to seek legal counsel as soon as possible to determine whether or not to proceed with a lawsuit. The time in which you must file a lawsuit is known as the “statute of limitations” – this window of time varies per case. Consult an experienced Broward County Personal Injury Attorney as soon as possible to begin your consultation.
How much is my case worth?
This question can be difficult for an attorney to answer without thoroughly investigating the case. Many factors will determine the amount of compensation that you are entitled to if you or a loved on has been injured by someone else’s negligence. These factors include:
- The extent of injuries that you or a loved one incurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, including: medical bills, lost wages, and personal pain and suffering.
- The negligent party may also be held liable for property damage.
- In the case of wrongful death, a defendant can also be held responsible for medical bills, funeral expenses, and compensation for personal loss to remaining family members.
Shane M. Farnsworth, experienced Delray Beach personal injury attorney, can help you protect your rights and ensure that you and your loved ones receive compensation for your injuries and loss. Contact him today to start your consultation.
How long will it take to process my case?
As each case is unique, the time frame will vary depending on the extent of the injuries and damage to personal property. Lost wages, medical expenses, and negotiations with insurance companies can also increase the length of your case.
By contacting an experienced Florida personal injury lawyer as soon as possible, you may be able to reduce the time it takes to process your case, and thus, receive the compensation that you are entitled to faster.
What is product liability?
Product liability laws are in place to protect individuals from defective or malfunctioning products. This encompasses everything from tires to medical devices. The laws are meant to ensure that in the event of injury by a defective product, the individual has the right to seek legal reparations for injuries and damages.
Products become defective for a number of reasons, including:
- Manufacturing defects: a product was not designed properly and defects came through the manufacturing process
- Design defect: a product is flawed because of its design
- Failure to warn: a product possesses a safety hazard, but does not indicate this to the consumer
If you or a loved one was injured – or worse – as the result of a defective product, contact Shane M. Farnsworth today to speak with an experienced Broward County Product Liability attorney.